Another four months have passed since I last blogged, so what have I been up to in that time?
- I cast on a new knitting project, the Victory sweater, an actual vintage pattern from the 1940s. About to complete the front piece and then take a break for the Yarn in the City GLYC anniversary KAL (more on that later, I promise!)
- I made another SOI 1940s tea dress, which turned out much looser fit than the first one, even though I cut the same size…mystery yet to be solved for version 3.
- I have got a beautiful Sew Hayley Jane box every month and love being part of this club, I highly recommend them to any sewist. I’m going to try and do a review/round up post soon on that.
- Got into fat quarter sewing, because of the SHJ boxes – I’ve made an origami bag, three headbands, an earbud pouch and have plans for some cushion covers.
- Made a SOI kimono jacket and French seamed the whole thing.
- Took the Closet Case Files “Sew your dream swimsuit” online course and made not one but TWO awesome swimsuits (Sophie and Bomshell) to take on holiday to Croatia next week.
- Made a set of Carolyn Pyjamas (also CCF) in beautiful soft cottony viscose.
And what’s next?
- GLYC Anniversary KAL knitting project
- SOI 1940s tea dress mark III
- SOI Penny shirt dress
- SOI Ultimate trousers – trying to refine fit issues with their online fitting workshop
- Trying to use up remnants creatively with some mix-and-match projects or little cami tops
- Finally do something with my “to refashion” pile that’s been sitting waiting for most of a year and keeps getting added to…